Due to the outbreak of the epidemic this year, the market for disposable protective gloves has also increased sharply. In fact, disposable gloves can be divided into nitrile gloves, PVC gloves and latex gloves according to their materials. So what is the difference between them?
1. Different materials
1. Nitrile gloves: The material is NBR, a synthetic rubber, and the main components are acrylonitrile and butadiene;
2. PVC gloves: the material is polyvinyl chloride;
3. Latex gloves: The material is natural latex (NR).
Two, the characteristics are different
1. Nitrile gloves: Nitrile inspection gloves can be worn on both hands, made of 100% nitrile latex, no protein, effectively avoiding protein allergies; the main properties are puncture resistance, oil resistance and solvent resistance; hemp-like surface treatment, avoid It prevents the device from slipping off during use; high tensile strength avoids tearing during wearing; after powder-free treatment, it is easy to wear and effectively avoids skin allergies caused by powder.
2. PVC gloves: resistant to weak acid and weak alkali; low ion content; good flexibility and touch; suitable for semiconductor, liquid crystal and hard disk production processes.
3. Latex gloves: latex gloves have abrasion resistance, puncture resistance; resistance to acids and alkalis, grease, fuel, and a variety of solvents, etc.; have a wide range of chemical resistance, good oil resistance; latex gloves feature unique fingertip texture design , It greatly enhances the grip and effectively prevents slippage.
Three, different uses
1. Nitrile gloves: mainly used in medical, pharmaceutical, sanitation, beauty salon and food processing industries.
2. PVC gloves: suitable for clean rooms, hard disk manufacturing, precision optics, optical electronics, LCD/DVD liquid crystal manufacturing, biomedicine, precision instruments, PCB printing and other industries. It is widely used in labor protection and household hygiene in hygiene inspection, food industry, chemical industry, electronics industry, pharmaceutical industry, paint and coating industry, printing and dyeing industry, agriculture, forestry, animal husbandry and other industries.
3. Latex gloves: can be used as household, industrial, medical, beauty and other industries. It is suitable for automobile manufacturing, battery manufacturing; glass fiber reinforced plastic industry, aircraft assembly; aerospace field; environmental cleaning and cleaning.
Pay attention to the wearing of nitrile gloves:
1. No rings or other jewelry on your hands;
2. The fingernails should be trimmed regularly and not too long to avoid damage to the fingertips of the gloves;
3. Prevent the piercing of sharp objects, such as needles, toothpicks, etc.;
4. Taking off the gloves is to slowly fade down from the wrist, not from the place of the fingers;
5. Pay attention to the size when choosing, too small will cause the blood to flow smoothly, and too large will easily fall off;
6. Periodic inspection is required. If it is found to be damaged, it cannot be used again.
Precautions for using PVC gloves:
1. Disposable PVC gloves do not have high temperature resistance and insulation properties. It must not be used in high-temperature workplaces, and it is never allowed to be used as insulating gloves.
2. Once the disposable PVC glove product is cut, it will affect the protective effect. Please do not use it.
3. Disposable PVC gloves should be kept ventilated and dry during storage to prevent moisture and mildew.
4. When using disposable PVC gloves. Prohibit contact with corrosive substances.
Matters needing attention in latex gloves:
1. Avoid contact with chemicals such as acids, alkalis, and organic solvents. 2. When handling infectious substances, powder-free and low-protein latex gloves should be selected. Powder-free and low-protein latex gloves can reduce the risk of allergies. However, the so-called hypoallergenic latex gloves cannot reduce the risk of latex allergies, but can only reduce the allergic reactions caused by chemical additives in latex gloves.
3. Resolutely implement the work rules to reduce the chance of latex harm. Such as:
1) Do not use oily hand cream or lotion when wearing latex gloves, which will cause deterioration or damage to latex gloves.
2) After taking off or removing latex gloves, wash your hands with mild soap and dry your hands completely.
3) For disposable latex gloves, do not wear them repeatedly (because the gloves may have lost the ability to defend against harmful substances).